The 2018 Thistle Rally ran of the 24th of February from the Boharm Village Hall in Mulben, the event covered a 58 mile route from Mulben over to Drummuir before heading to Maggieknockter. From there it was over towards Fochabers via Ordiquish then over to Portgordon and Broadley. The route then headed for Whiteash and the Enzie Braes before heading to Newmill. It was then over to Keith and back up the A96 for a short loop behind the Malcolmburn Bond before finishing back at Mulben. The eventual winners were Chae Stewart and Michael Hendry in the borrowed James Morrison Fiesta ST, Doug and Neil Shanks were leading up until 500 yards before their Scirocco’s battery finally cried enough after losing the alternator belt earlier in the event. Jackson Abdy and Alex Miles took the novice class on only their 2nd ever event.
Thanks to all the competiors and to all the marshals who braved a rather chilly evening.
- Chae Stewart / Michael Hendry Ford Fiesta ST
- Mark Forsyth / Derek Forsyth Toyota Yaris
- Colin Christie / Dan Forsyth Suzuki Ignis
- Jackson Abdy / Alex Miles Skoda Fabia VRS
- Kevin Massie / Aaron Smillie Vauxhall Corsa
- Cameron Black / Connor Black Ford Fiesta